- This event has passed.
2022 Private Foundation Essentials Webinar
August 2, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$100
Join Clark Nuber practitioners on August 2, 2022 for the Private Foundation Essentials Webinar. This seminar is a great opportunity to learn about the fundamentals of private foundations, answer the common questions, and understand what makes them different from other types of charitable entities. The course is designed to provide you with planning opportunities to ensure your private foundation successfully operates within the regulatory boundaries.
9:00 AM to 9:55 AM | Primer: Historical background, legal basics, and accounting considerations for private foundations.
Presented by Jennifer Becker Harris and Deby MacLeod
9:55 AM to 10:00 AM | BREAK
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM | Compliance Review: Walk-through of the Form 990-PF and highlight of key sections to review.
Presented by Kayla Harmon and Lisa McCreedy
11:00 AM to 11:15 AM | BREAK
11:15 AM to 12:10 PM | High-Level Oversight: Keeping your private foundation safe from the pitfalls of self-dealing, excess business holdings, and taxable expenditures.
Presented by Frances Olson and Celia Davis
12:10 PM to 12:15 PM | BREAK
12:15 PM to 1:00 PM | Creative Grantmaking Strategies: New strategies for private foundations to reach those with the greatest need, including use of program related investments, grants to individuals, and foreign grantmaking.
Presented by Jennifer Becker Harris and Sarah Wine
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Leaders of small private foundations
- CFOs, controllers, and staff accountants new to private foundations
- Private foundation directors, trustees, and officers
- Investment advisors and financial professionals
- Family office managers and advisors
- Philanthropic individuals considering a private foundation structure
- Anyone else looking for a refresher on private foundation basics
- Jennifer Becker Harris, CPA, MST
- Deby MacLeod, CPA, CGMA
- Kayla Harmon, CPA
- Lisa McCreedy, CPA
- Frances Olson, CPA, MST
- Celia Davis, CPA
- Sarah Wine, CPA
In order to attend this virtual event, please register HERE AT EVENTBRITE.COM
- Date: August 2, 2022
- Time: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM PT
- CPE Credits: 4 technical CPE credits available
- Cost: $100