- This event has passed.
Not-for-Profit Essentials: Getting and Keeping Your Tax-Exempt Status
February 21 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$25
We invite you to join us on Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2024, for the Not-for-Profit Essentials: Getting and Keeping Your Tax-Exempt Status webinar. Tax-exempt organizations operate in a world much different than the for-profit sector. The charitable mission of the organization, rather than its ability to make a profit, drives all decisions. During this session we will walk through the basics of forming a tax-exempt organization, including an overview of what activities are charitable and the importance of disclosing your activities to the IRS.
We will also cover how an organization maintains its tax-exempt status, including an overview of the public support test, annual tax filing requirements, and activities that can jeopardize an organization’s exempt status. Additionally, just because the organization is called “tax-exempt” doesn’t mean it pays zero taxes. We will discuss the types of taxes that may apply to a tax-exempt organization, both at the federal and state levels.
- Gain a basic understanding of what types of tax-exempt organizations exist.
- Learn what an organization needs to do to apply and maintain its tax-exempt status.
- Be aware of the types of taxes that may apply at a federal and state level.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Board or committee members of a tax-exempt organization
- Individuals who are new to the not-for-profit industry
- Those who are considering forming a new tax-exempt organization
- Those who need a refresher on the basics of a charitable organization
- Date: February 21, 2024
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Cost: $25 per person
- CPE: 2 credit hours
- Platform: Zoom Webinar
In order to attend this virtual event, please register HERE AT EVENTBRITE.COM