Amber brings the same patience to her work approach, accompanied by a healthy dash of competitive spirit and energy to spare. She has a bring-it-on attitude and focus when clients challenge her to find new solutions and solve tax issues in creative ways. She also channels her energy into teaching, coaching, and developing people to prepare for the next level in their careers.
Even with remodeling, work, family, and teaching obligations filling her time, Amber tends to her health and spirit. She’s committed to her Peloton, and she and Brad volunteer regularly at their church. She sounds pretty awesome, right? Well, she does have a teeny-tiny chink in the armor: she is quite fond of a certain online magazine that features juicy celebrity gossip. But since she’s a whiz with a 10-key, we’ll just overlook that.
- Provide comprehensive tax planning, consulting, and compliance services to clients ranging from small startups to large mid-market entities and their individual owners
- Consultation on business structure and formation strategies
- Transactional merger and acquisition analysis
- Buy-in and buy-out transactions
- Structuring transactions for tax minimization
- Practiced in interactions regarding disputes with taxing authorities on behalf of clients
- Assisted clients in structuring business transactions (sales, mergers, joint ventures, purchases) in a tax efficient manner while attaining the desired economic results.
- Collaborated with a client and attorneys to structure a joint venture between a medical group and hospital in a tax efficient structure saving over $1M in taxes.
- Managed the tax consulting and compliance services for several large real estate investors and senior living entities with numerous tiered partnerships.
- Reviewed complex partnership agreements for compliance with tax laws and analyzed partnership allocation provisions.
- Washington State University, B.A., Accounting
- Golden Gate University, M.S., Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Treehouse, Board Member
- Puget Sound Business Journal 40 under 40, Award Winner, 2012
- Leadership Tomorrow 2015