He is particularly well-known for his expertise in the international arena, including tax planning, investment, and intellectual property issues. “The more complicated it is, the more I like it. I used to read tax codes for fun,” he reports. His hard work pays off for clients whether they are buying a business, seeking international investment, or expanding across borders. Prior to joining Clark Nuber, Dan worked in the U.S. International Tax Group at Deloitte & Touche in Calgary, Alberta.
- Structuring for inbound and outbound international business expansion and investment
- Domestic and international tax planning and compliance for corporations and pass-through entities
- Consulting on domestic and international acquisitions and divestitures
- Planning with respect to the development and utilization of intellectual property
- Advised several technology and engineering companies with respect to structuring their international expansions and developing strategies for minimizing the tax consequences of utilizing intellectual property across boarders.
- Developed equity compensation arrangements for corporations and LLCs using options and profits interests.
- Assisted clients in developing strategies and accounting systems designed to maximize the benefit of the research tax credit.
- Advised foreign corporations with respect to structuring U.S. operations.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, M.A., Economics
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., Accounting
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants