When he’s indoors, Grant works as a principal for Clark Nuber’s State and Local Tax Services Group. During his ten year career in state and local tax, he has served clients across many industries including healthcare, life science, technology, and higher education. Grant now focuses primarily on assisting his clients with indirect tax issues. Prior to joining Clark Nuber, he was with KPMG in Seattle.
- Indirect tax compliance, consulting, and planning
- Indirect tax nexus analysis and sourcing
- Voluntary disclosure agreements
- Multistate reverse sales and use tax refunds, research, and audit defense
- Washington State tax planning, managed audits, and tax controversy
- Advising clients on state taxation of software, cloud computing services, digital products, digital automated services, data processing services, and data hosting as it relates to sales and product offerings as well as B2B purchases.
- Providing consulting services for Washington tax incentives for high technology and manufacturing businesses and public research institutions.
- Advising clients on Washington State business and occupation tax planning, restructuring, and refund opportunities.
- Providing Washington State managed audit services.
- Providing audit defense and tax controversy services related to state tax audits, including assisting clients in resolving issues arising from state tax assessments and related appeals proceedings.
- Supporting taxpayers in managing risk profile related to multistate sales tax issues.
- Managing voluntary disclosure agreements for Washington State taxes.
- University of Washington, Master’s Degree in Public Accounting – Taxation
- Western Washington University, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting