The intricate and ever-evolving regulations that govern charitable sectors keep Jennifer Becker Harris on her toes. As she puts it, “No two days are ever alike—every day is an adventure.” Whether helping individuals plan charitable gifts or consulting with organizations on issues related to international activities, Jennifer helps them get through the complexity so they can focus on their missions.
- Consulting and tax compliance for private foundations
- Consulting and compliance for not-for-profit organizations
- International tax consulting
- Unrelated business tax planning
- Consulting related to philanthropic business and organizational structures
- Charitable giving planning for individuals
- Identified compliance requirements related to clients’ direct foreign investments.
- Developed and/or enhanced various excel tools to better assist clients in making decisions for their organizations.
- Worked with clients towards resolution of IRS controversy and settlements.
- Analysis of alternative investments to determine the most tax efficient structures and whether domestic or offshore unrelated business income tax blocker corporations are needed.
- Identified and advised clients on state, international and other federal filing requirements related to alternative investments.
- Worked extensively with private foundation clients on the various payout requirements to both optimize endowment growth and meet the foundations’ tax compliance obligations.
- Washington State University; B.A. in Business and Administration with an emphasis in Accounting 1998
- Golden Gate University; M.S. Taxation 2009, Named Outstanding Student of the Year
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Exempt Organizations Technical Resource Panel, past chair
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- TE GE EO Council, Program Committee
- Past board member to various community organizations