When she’s not traveling, you can find Jen reading or watching historical fiction, fantasy, and sci-fi dystopian books and movies. Jen, along with her two children, husband, and goldendoodle, now calls Washington her home.
Jen is a principal in the firm’s Accounting and Consulting Services Group. She focuses on grant compliance and serves not-for-profit clients across a variety of industries. Jen has a thorough understanding of the ins-and-outs of not-for-profit organizations, having earned her master’s degree in international human rights, along with previous work in programming for not-for-profits.
- Not-for-profit organizations, including social service, international, and research agencies
- Grant accounting and compliance
- Grants management services: pre- and post-award support
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Internal control assessments and development
- Policy and procedure development
- Helped a large, regional, grant-funded not-for-profit become audit ready for three fiscal years simultaneously.
- Worked with clients to strengthen their internal controls and operational processes.
- Managed over 100 federal, state, and other grants during pre-award, post-award, and closeout for a multi-million dollar not-for-profit.
- Performed specialized engagements built to meet clients’ specific needs.
- University of Delaware, Bachelor’s Degree in French and Political Science, Minor in Biology
- University of Denver — Josef Korbel School of International Studies, Master’s Degree in International Human Rights
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Grants Management Association
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Returned Peace Corps Niger Volunteer