When she’s not out and about, Katy can be found spending time with her son and husband, reading one—or more—of the 50 novels she reads each year, listening to true crime podcasts, or cheering on her favorite football team, the Buffalo Bills.
Katy is a principal in the firm’s audit and assurance practice. She specializes in the real estate and hospitality industry, including commercial real estate clients and hotels, as well as affordable and low-income housing. Additionally, she has extensive experience working with employee benefit plan audits. Katy also serves as a mentor and coach in the firm’s internship program, in addition to creating and facilitating training programs geared toward both internal and external audiences.
- Audit and consulting services
- Privately-owned companies, with a focus on companies in the real estate and hospitality industries, focusing on hotels
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Performed and supervised audits, reviews, compilations, and agreed-upon procedures engagements for privately-owned companies, and audits for employee benefit plans.
- Assisted clients in strengthening their internal controls and operational processes.
- Provided audit and consulting services to privately held real estate companies, affordable housing entities, and entities utilizing historical tax credits.
- State University of New York College at Geneseo, BS Accounting, Summa Cum Laude
- Buffalo State College, MS Higher Education and Student Affairs Administration
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants