As a principal in the firm’s audit and assurance practice, Kelly focuses on serving clients in the not-for-profit sectors in a variety of industries, as well as performing federal compliance audits. She also serves clients in the public sector, including tribal entities, primary governments, and component business entities. She works closely with her clients and enjoys learning as much as possible about the industry she serves.
- Audits, reviews, and consulting services
- Not-for-profit organizations, including healthcare, research institutes, social service organizations, foundations, schools, and retirement centers
- Public sector organizations, including primary governments, component business entities, and tribal entities.
- Federal compliance audits
- Internal controls and procedures advice
- Performed and supervised audits and reviews for not-for-profit organizations, as well as federal compliance audits.
- Worked with clients to strengthen their internal controls and operational processes.
- Consulted with organizations regarding compliance with federal grant requirements.
- Co-author, Knowledge-Based Audits™ of Health Care Entities, published by CCH
- Frequent speaker on complex not-for-profit accounting issues, policies and procedures, federal grant compliance, and board governance topics.
- Western Washington University, B.A. in Business Administration; majors in Accounting and Finance, minor in English, Magna Cum Laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Government Audit Quality Center
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, Not-for-Profit Committee – Executive Committee
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, Not-for-Profit and Healthcare Conference Planning Committee
- Healthcare Financial Management Association – Washington/Alaska Chapter
- Thompson Grants, Editorial Advisory Board, member