Maria also loves exploring the hiking trails of the Pacific Northwest and spending time outside in her garden. When indoors, you can catch Maria watching a Netflix documentary or reading a James Clavell series.
As a member of the state and local tax group, Maria brings many years of tax experience on multistate income franchise and sales tax. Her expertise spreads over a multitude of entity types and industries, making her a fountain of knowledge for her clients.
- Multistate income/franchise tax compliance and consulting
- Nexus analysis and sourcing determinations
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreement
- Multistate tax risk mitigation
- State sales and use tax taxability and nexus consulting
- Manages large state and local tax return preparation engagements for various industries.
- Assists in overall tax reviews for clients to reduce multistate income and franchise taxes.
- Advises companies on issues related to nexus, structuring, and tax reporting obligations.
- Reviews apportionment and allocation methods for clients in service industries and advises on appropriate methods.
- Provides audit defense and tax controversy services related to state tax audits, including assisting clients in resolving issues arising from state tax assessments and related appeals proceedings.
- Supports taxpayers in managing risk profile related to multistate sales tax and income taxes.
- Manages multistate voluntary disclosure agreements for sales and income taxes.
- Florida Atlantic University, Master’s in Taxation
- Florida Atlantic University, BS in Accounting
- Washington State Society of CPAs, Member
- AICPA, Member