Not only does Rick restore and ride old motorcycles, but he also has adopted several stray cats, earning he and his wife the title, “crazy cat people” in their neighborhood. He’s also related to a celebrity as his grandfather played the Green Hornet in Saturday movie matinees in the 1940s and hosted game shows in the 1950s.
As a shareholder, Rick has a diverse clientele base. He specializes in providing federal and state tax consulting services to high net worth individuals as well as closely held businesses. Rick represents firms in the construction, real estate, and manufacturing industries. He also represents clients before the IRS regarding penalty abatement, delinquent return filings, offers-in-compromise, and installment agreement negotiations.
- Federal and state income tax planning for Subchapter C and S corporations, partnerships, LLC’s, and high net worth individuals
- Special emphasis on income and estate tax planning for closely held commercial businesses and their owners
- Construction industry specialist
- Succession planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- IRS controversy work
- Professional Service Businesses
- Successfully established state income tax filing posture for high net worth individual resulting in $120,000 annual state income tax savings.
- Negotiated abatement of payroll tax recovery penalties against officers of a bankrupt corporation, avoiding collection of $110,000 in penalties.
- Managed gifting strategies for high net worth individuals, enabling highly leveraged wealth transfers to succeeding generations.
- Golden Gate University, M.S., Taxation
- University of Vermont, B.S., Business Administration
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants