Although long retired from his unicycle riding days, Shawn still dabbles in a variety of other recreational activities including yoga, surfing and loves taking in a good movie (about 2 each week). You might also catch him singing in his car or plotting his next trip down the west coast.
Shawn leads the firm’s employee benefit plan audit practice. The best part about his job is the satisfaction he feels when he hears from a happy customer.
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Consulting and compliance projects for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Consulted with clients who sponsor employee benefit plans to minimize fiduciary related risks and strengthen internal controls for their plans.
- Assisted clients in their search for new investment managers, record keepers, third party administrators and ERISA attorneys to fit their employee benefit plan needs.
- Helped clients identify prohibited transactions under the Department of Labor’s rules for employee benefit plans. Worked with clients to take corrective action in order to minimize excise taxes and avoid losing tax-exempt status of their benefit plans.
- University of Washington, B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting concentration
- AICPA National Conference on Employee Benefit Plans, 2010 Steering Committee
- Western Pension & Benefits Council, Seattle Chapter
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
- ASPPA Benefit Council of the Great Northwest, treasurer (2014 – 2017)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants