Although she’s not looking forward to her daughter leaving for college in 2019, she is anticipating their vacation in Europe–which they’ve been planning together for the last 10 years.
When not spending time with her daughter, Shelly enjoys working with clients to solve problems and meet deadlines. As a shareholder in the firm’s audit and assurance practice, Shelly focuses all of her professional time on employee benefit plan audit and consulting work. She attends numerous trainings and conferences to ensure she stays up to date on the latest developments impacting employee benefit plans.
- Employee benefit plan audits, including defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, and health & welfare benefit plan audits
- Consulting and compliance projects for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Supervises over 40 employee benefit plan audits each year, including some of Clark Nuber’s largest and most complex benefit plan audit clients.
- Works closely with clients to strengthen their retirement plan’s internal control system and administrative practices.
- Works closely with Clark Nuber team members providing clients with superior customer service.
- Serves as instructor for Clark Nuber’s in-house training classes for new and experienced benefit plan auditors.
- Biola University, B.S. Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA National Conference on Employee Benefit Plans, Attendee
- Western Pension & Benefits Conference, Seattle Chapter