Maybe it’s being married to his high school sweetheart, maybe it’s all the kayaking, or maybe it’s the fresh Northwest air; but something inspires Vincent to paint – and quite well, in fact. One of his paintings traveled the world in an exhibition. He wishes he could have tagged along.
It’s Vincent’s innate passion that makes him a dedicated shareholder in our audit practice, specializing in healthcare, life science, and not-for-profit organizations. He works closely with his clients and enjoys learning as much as possible about the industries he serves. Vincent consistently delivers the highest quality service to his clients by serving as an adviser to them in areas ranging from risk management to trend and benchmarking analysis.
- Provide audit and financial consulting services for healthcare, life sciences, and not-for-profit organizations
- Perform Single Audits and audits subject to HUD requirements
- Consult on billing and collection cycle design
- Perform risk assessments and process improvement engagements
- Assist in identifying and applying for federal awards including SBIR/STTR awards
- Provide training and technical assistance related to preparing indirect cost rate proposals
- Assess internal controls over financial reporting, fraud, grant management, and federal compliance
- Payor and contractual allowance reviews
- Provide oversight for our MIP and Intacct sales and implementation support
- System functional needs assessment
- Operational reviews
- Develop strategic management information system solutions
- Performance, benchmarking, and trend analysis reviews
- Due diligence support
- Resolve issues for entities receiving federal funding that are subject to the requirements of Government Auditing Standards and/or Single Audits
- Assisted a large healthcare organization in revamping its billing and collection process and bettering its estimate contractual adjustments.
- Assisted in the conversion of accounting software systems specifically designed for not-for-profit and healthcare organizations, greatly increasing the performance relevancy of their financial reporting.
- Served as a financial advisor to a not-for-profit organization that performed a market analysis, created new ventures, and grew from 70 employees to over 1,000 employees in five years.
- Designed an effective and efficient ROI system of assessing risks and internal controls over financial reporting and compliance. System is being used by various not-for-profit organizations throughout the United States.
- Successfully negotiated indirect cost rate proposals that significantly increased indirect cost recoveries.
- Served as an advisor for numerous companies in obtaining their first Phase I and Phase II SBIR awards.
- Arizona State University, B.S. in Accounting, graduated with honors
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association – Washington/Alaska Chapter; Vice President of Programs and past Chair of the Finance and Compliance Leadership Committee
- Healthcare Financial Management Association; recipient of the President’s Beyond the Call of Duty Award – Washington/Alaska Chapter
- AICPA National Not-for-Profit Conference Planning Committee – past Member
- AICPA Government Audit Quality Center
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA)
- WSCPA – Not-for-Profit Committee, past Chair
- WSCPA – Not-for-Profit Conference, past Chair
- Seattle Area Youth for Christ, past Chair
- United Way of King County – Community Building Committee, past Member
- United Way of King County – System Support Impact Council, past Chair
- United Way of King County – Audit Review Committee, past Chair
- United Way of Snohomish County – Finance Committee, past Member
- Puget Sound MIP User’s Group, Founder
- Clark Nuber Not-for-Profit Board Governance Conference, Chair
- Regular speaker at local and national conferences on issues facing the healthcare and not-for-profit industries and federal compliance
- Knowledge-Based Audits ™ of Health Care Entities, published by CCH, co-author
- Practical Guide to Form 990 by Clark Nuber, an on-line treatise published by CCH, contributing writer/reviewer