Software Functional Needs Assessment and Gap Analysis
We will work with you to identify the core functional requirements that are needed for the company, including:
- Assisting with creating a business case that describes the problem or opportunity and how the new software will solve the problem or develop the opportunity.
- Supporting the creation of a project team and a project plan that will clarify outcomes, roles, milestones, and communication vehicles.
- Helping to define the desired outcome so that the software meets your current and future needs.
- Interviewing key users and surveying select groups regarding their functional needs and alignment to strategy. This includes users that enter transactions into the system, as well as stakeholders who rely on management reporting or other information from the system and owners of other integrated applications.
- Compiling the functional system requirements and working with the project team to prioritize the requirements. This includes collecting non-functional requirements, such as audit, security, privacy, and other items to consider.
- Assisting in documenting a gap analysis, which identifies the gaps in the current system in meeting the identified core needs.